Re: css3-lists: Coptic and Ionic Greek

Stefanos Karasavvidis wrote:

> Searching for examples of today's usage of this style, I found comments
> on Homers Odyssey and it was kind of funny to see that they referred to
> the rapsodies (24 of them) using the simple modern greek alphabet.
> http://www.odyplus.net/first_page.asp?article_id=28
> which is truly wrong

   Well, actually, this is truly right. Iliad & Odyssey were not
"written" in rapsodies, the were one single part. They were divided in
the later ancient years in 24 parts, called rapsodies, each labeled
after a letter of the alphabet. Upper case letters were used for Iliad,
while lower case letters were used for Odyssey.

> A correct representation of the rapsodies can be found in
> http://genesis.ee.auth.gr/agper/zpd/odyssey.zip
> (split in 24 M$ Word files, sorry)
>
> There is moreover a nice image with decimal and ancient-greek style
> equivalence at
> http://www.geocities.com/coinscollectors/noumeral/noumeral.htm
>
> look at the first and second column and note that stigma (6) and koppa
> (90) are correctly shown below the big image inside the text

   They're using the archaic form of koppa in the table.

> Regards

	C/

--
   Λες κι η στάθμη της αγάπης πάει να βρει                          /"\
   Πόσοι κρύβονται στη λάσπη θησαυροί         ASCII Ribbon Campaign \ /