Re: Suggestion to add "spacing between sentences" to CSS3 Line WD

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:44:08 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

>Ok well you write the algorithm that you propose we include in the CSS
>spec, preferably compatible with the majority of CSS' users' languages

End of sentence character.

>(note that English is by far not the world's most widely spoken language),
>and then we'll talk. :-)

It is the most popular on the web by far.  In fact, I saw a statistic
recently on CNN how English is advancing at a ravishing pace.  It is
interesting how we are evolving faster culturally than genetically.  It is
no wonder that non-English cultures are resistant or defensive when
something more useful to English is requested.

Yet it is a fact, even I may not like.  I try to convince my wife to retain
her native dialects, but we live in a real world...

I was making a practical suggestion to end a controversy.  Seems it will
ALWAYS be controversial...

:-)

I yield now.  Please don't incite me to make any more replies.  I made my
points already.  Good luck.

-Shelby Moore