Re: double spaces between words

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:03:11 +0000
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>

David,

as you full well know by now, my concern is that standards are great in
an ideal world, one in which few of us live.
In the world I engage with it is important that experts attempt to
grapple with reality.
when standards are adhered to there is little to talk about, that is if
they are any good. though american spellings are still hard to swallow.

It may well be that the reason spacing length was ignored has lead
directly to a need for recognised workarounds, I've been using <pre>
&nbsp; seems valid, but they aint css.

a library of css style sheets, designed to meet particular needs, would
be great. and one that provided extra spacing could be very useful,
seems this does not yet exist for IE5,
for some reason, they are very thin on the ground.

lets please stay real.

thanks

Jonathan