Re: css3-lists: Coptic and Ionic Greek

From: Christos Cheretakis <xalkina@otenet.gr>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:16:14 +0200
To: Tim Bagot <tsb-w3-style-0005@earth.li>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Tim Bagot wrote:
 > At 2002-12-11T18:54+0200, Christos Cheretakis wrote:-
 >

 >>The numbering schemes named lower-greek & upper-greek in the draft are
 >>not used (and not even useful) in modern greek. Please, do not invent
 >>them for us!
 >

 > They may not be used in Greek, but they are used elsewhere - not very
 > often, but quite possibly more often than the ancient schemes. Perhaps
 > they ought to be renamed (lower|upper)-greek-alphabetic or similar to
 > reflect this?

   That would be valid when you need a sequence of symbols, like the
names of variables in a mathematical theorem from your example, or
something similar. I still insist that it's not correct in a numbering
context, as it is with lists, where you are counting/assigning numbers
to the items the list contains.

 > Tim Bagot

	C/

--
   Λες κι η στάθμη της αγάπης πάει να βρει                          /"\
   Πόσοι κρύβονται στη λάσπη θησαυροί         ASCII Ribbon Campaign \ /