Re: SAX example in Java

From: Jeremy Dunck <ralinon@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:48:53 -0500
To: sy_cheung2@yahoo.com, www-style@w3.org

>From: Sam Cheung <sy_cheung2@yahoo.com>
>Hi,
>
>Can anyone please tell me where I can find example of
>how to use SAX to parse a CSS StyleSheet and get rule
>based on the element name/class attribute from the
>StyleSheet.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.

You're out of luck, I'm afraid.  For one thing, SAX stands for Simple API
for XML.... it's an XML parser.  CSS is -not- XML.  Therefore SAX can not be
used to parse CSS.

If you mean that you would like an example of how to parse CSS, you can
check out this:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/README.html

or

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/

If you mean you would like an example of using SAX with XSLT (or some other
XML document) try here:

http://www.saxproject.org/?selected=quickstart

HTH,
  Jeremy