Re: Public list or not? (Was What are Semantics?)

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:58:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: Svgdeveloper@aol.com
CC: tbray@textuality.com, www-style@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org

> It also states, "due to the sheer volume of email received, the
> TAG cannot guarantee that every issue raised on the list will
> be addressed.". Thus, clearly, issues can be raised on the public
> TAG list which are not going to be formally addressed by TAG.
> Why are you wishing to constrain such public discussion?

This cannot be taken to imply a free-for-all. The TAG should restrict
discussion on www-tag to the point where they can reasonably follow all
conversations if not explicitly respond to all issues.

> If TAG wishes to change the rules for posting to www-tag (and,
> for example, confine it to officially accepted TAG issues) I
> suggest that another W3C list (www-tag-feeder?)
> be established to allow public discussion of issues which may be
> relevant for TAG.

Posting one issue request is one thing. But conversing at length without
a clear issue is totally different. I'd say that the latter should go to
xml-dev (in this case).
--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith