Re: New drafts, CSS 2.1, css3-webfonts, css3-fonts, css3-background, css3-ui

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:13:58 +0400
To: Kai Lahmann <kl@3dots.de>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Thursday 15 August 2002 12:05 pm, Kai Lahmann wrote:
|  Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  >What's wrong with using PNG or MNG as a cursor?
|
|  well, X11 doesn't support colors as a cursor, also animated cursors are
|  impossible afaik. Both is possible with .ani or .cur on Windows, this
|  makes it quite difficult to have plattform independant cursors.

That's why I said that X11 should be fixed, in such case.

Besides: AFAIK KDE3 support animated cursors.
At least I see some animated cursors when some applications start more than 1
sec. :-)
Please check latest stable release of KDE (3.0.2, 3.0.3 will be released in a
week time) and let us know what you think.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)