Re: CSS3: background-quantity

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Kai Lahmann wrote:

> the draft gives only one number for this property, but what should
> happen, if you haven't set any background-repeat? If you remove that
> specific line from the example given there I have around 10 ideas,
> how this could be rendered. I think the property should allow 2
> numbers, for the diferent directions. if only one is given, it
> should apply for both directions.

background-quantity only applies in a direction if background-repeat
is set to repeat for that direction, otherwise it acts as if it had
the value 1.

Or something like that. The spec definitely needs to be made clearer.

What were your 10 ideas?

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL