Re: Float overflowing behavior

From: stylo~ <list@swordandpen.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:15:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-style@w3.org>

>>I think float containment should have been the default behavior and cannot
for the life of me figure out why it wasn't - floated elements can be placed
outside text containers and the text will flow nicely around the floats as
with align="left", so no loss -, but better late than never.

-Actually, I was thinking of the float top right being at the top left of
the paragraph, which is easy, though I see now why it is the way it is.
Otherwise I guess you'd have to remove the P tag around text to achieve a
float in the middle of a paragraph and smooth text flow between paragraphs.

Still need the other behavior though just as badly as this one.

randall~