Re: New drafts, CSS 2.1, css3-webfonts, css3-fonts, css3-background, css3-ui

From: Kai Lahmann <kl@3dots.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 05:24:26 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

>Could someone possibly clarify the reasoning behind the major changes? For
>instance, why drop downloadable cursors just after a major browser (IE6/win) has
>implemented them? How does keeping them in the specification cause a problem?

the biggest problem I see, is, that those cursors are system dependant.
MSIE6 uses a Windows only format, KDE's konqueror tries to render normal
images as a cursor (which looks awefull because of X11 limitations).
Until there isn't any system independant standard for cursor images this
property doesn't make much sense.

--
Kai Lahmann
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/KaiL%20tuX/