Re: Why is the style tag restricted to the head?

Joshua Prowse wrote:

>What's the danger?

1) You give up the benefit of centralized maintainability.
2) You give up readable markup-- When using the STYLE attribute, there is no
way to see what the reasoning was for making that particular tag color: red.
3) Binding a particular representation to the content forces separate
versions of the content based on media, and perhaps based on browser bugs.
4) You give up semantic markup.

What's the benefit?

I do think that it would be beneficial if there was a CSS extension to the
DOM, which would allow better manipulation of the style rules which apply to
a particular nodelist.

I do -not- think that that's justification for hacking the [X]HTML as has
been described here.

  -Jeremy Dunck