Re: Why is the style tag restricted to the head?

From: Joe Howley <joe@sameperson.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:44:12 -0400
To: <www-style@w3.org>

> Why would you want to do this?  Because that way you can take any part
> of the document and have specific styles that apply to it.

Sounds like this is already better achieved with the id="" or class=""
attributes.

But:
> You can yank
> out the second <div> and have it "work correctly" when you paste it into
> another document, but you can't do that with style tags in the head of
> the page.

Oh.  Is this immersion of the presentation information in the content
really beneficial?  It seems more like the "bad old days" of font tags
for every <p> and so forth.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want....

===
joe howley
http://joe.sameperson.net/