Re: Features missing in background graphics through css

From: Liorean <Liorean@user.bip.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:56:08 +0200
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>, www-style@w3.org

At 14:23 2002-08-07 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

>At 11:15 PM +0200 8/7/02, Liorean wrote:
>>First, I'd like to be able to position the center of some graphics,
>>without knowing the size of either the container or the image, at the
>>exact center of the container. Currently, I can only position the upper
>>left corner of the graphics in any given spot. Same thing of course
>>applies to positioning the bottom right corner of the graphics in the
>>bottom right corner of the container, and most combinations in between as well.
>
>Why can't you do this?
>
>I'm confused.

Oh, this seems to have been a browser thing, not a thing of the specs, as
some people pointed out to me...

And the other issue is handled somewhat in CSS3 Backgrounds, I believe.
Stretching in just one direction or relative to not the containing element
but to the graphics in question is missing, but otherwise it covers it
better than anything I could think of.

// Liorean