Re: List Module Offering

Daniel Yacob <locales@geez.org> wrote in
news:E17WMPK-0000Gh-00@geez.org:

> Is this truly the case that French, German, Norwegian, etc use
> simply A-Z and do not add their extra letters?

No, in Norwegian we use A-Å (A-Z, followed by Æ, Ø and Å). So when
you write

<ol lang="no"> <!-- or lang="nn" or "nb" -->
  <li>First list item</li>
  <li>Second list item</li>
</ol>

browsers *should* IMNSHO use A-Å. Also note that when a numbered
list is used in Norwegian, it should not be formatted as in
English:

1. First item
2. Second item
3. Third item

But instead like this:

1 First item
2 Second item
3 Third item

Similarly, the bullet ('*') should not be used in for unnumbered
lists in Norwegian. Instead, em-dashes should be used:

- First item
- Second item
- Third item

All this is something truly internationalised browsers could (and
should!) support.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer