Re: canvas <html> <body>

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:11:52 +0100
To: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Sigurd Lerstad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I understand correctly, in XHTML the <html> tag is the canvas and creates
> a block box?

The <html> element is the only child of the infinite canvas. It is whatever box
it is set to using the 'display' property (and hopefully in CSS2, the 'position'
and 'float' properties).

> If there's also a <body> element, will that create another block box as the
> child of the <html> block box?

Assuming <body> is set to display:block as well, then yes.

--
Ian Hickson
``The inability of a user agent to implement part of this specification due to