Aural style

From: Mark Lee <mlee@sivm.si.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:12:55 -0400
To: "Discussion List CSS" <www-style@w3.org>
Ian;
    Thanks for the exhaustive reply. That Win32, Mozilla, and Opera generally support the @media element I
know - only because I currently am using the screen and print attributes. Aural was the attribute about which I was curious in the aspect of rendering the element as the specification indicates. You confirmed my fears: no one currently applies the aural attribute.
    Just as a matter of interest, IBM's Home Page Reader (which appears to 'piggy-back' on the Win32 web browser) and WEmedia's Talking Browser all join EMacSpeak in the verbal rendering of a web page.
                                              - Mark
Mark Lee
Smithsonian Institution
Electronic HelpDesk & Software Distribution System Webmaster
mlee@sivm.si.edu