Comments on WD-css3-background-20010924

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:14:47 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: bert@w3.org, frederick.boland@nist.gov

   Some comments on

  Please use XHTML in the examples or make the examples at least as
well-formed as possible, e.g. include end-tags for elements that allow
the omission of it.

  CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a language for describing the
  rendering of HTML and XML documents on screen, on paper, in speech,

I think this should be "... presentation of structured documents ..."
since CSS limits itself by no means to those two languages.

1. Dependencies with other CSS 3 Modules:

  * Value Assignment, Cascade and Inheritance

These modules are called "Values and Units" and "Cascading and

2.1. Changes from CSS 2:

  I like this section, it would be a good idea if other modules also
introduce such a section in upcoming drafts. This module lacks of some
summary table of the defined properties, I recommend to add one.

3. Background:

  The background of the box generated by the root element covers the
  entire canvas.

Thus margin properties don't apply to the root element or aren't margins
of the root element not part of the "canvas"?

  For HTML documents, however, we recommend that authors specify the
  background for the BODY element rather than the HTML element.

Why? Does this also apply to XHTML documents?