Re: Deplorable Taste Was (Re: Standards Compliance and msn )

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:21:58 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 05:00:51PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Jan Roland Eriksson, and lo! it spake thus:

> Finally: A question of order.
>
> We are _all_ subscribed to this list, right?
>
> Then _learn_how_to_post_ to a mailing list.
>
> Do NOT CC every damned input to people all around, send your input
> _to_ the list and set your "Reply-To" header to point to the list too.

No, no, and NO.

When you reply to my messages, CC: me.  I don't have the apprently
limitless free time you do, so I don't always read mailing lists every
day (or, for that matter, every week).  I do read my INBOX.

If YOU don't want to be CC'd, set a Reply-To: if you want.  That's
perfectly rational if that's your style.  Don't tell me how to manage my
mail.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com