Re: AAARGHHH! That really makes me upset!!!! RE: Standards Compli ance and msn

On Friday 26 October 2001 15:17, Peter Foti (PeterF) wrote:
|   Yes, but it's too bad that browsers like Netscape 6 are so darn slow.  I
|   use IE primarily because it's so much faster, and despite some flaws in

I use Konqueror [www.konqueror.org], as it is as fast as IE on startup, but
doesn't crash so often and not so resource-hungry. Plus, font anti-aliasing
in KDE2/QT2, using XFree86's RENDER extension, is superior to MS Windows (256
shades of gray, instead of 5!)
Besides, it can nicely display http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
while MS IE (win) can't! :-))

|   the way IE interprets some things, most pages still look better in IE
|   (IMO).  I was excited when Netscape 6 was supposed to be the most
|   compliant browser to date, but when I started using it, I saw a LOT of
|   bugs in it.  Not to mention that it takes a day and a half to load a
|   freakin' page!
|
|   I've never used Opera so I can't comment on it.  :)

Opera is fast! ;-)
It really worth trying.
I downloaded both Windows and Linux versions, Windows version is slightly
better (can support Cyrillic, in Linux - not)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)