AAARGHHH! That really makes me upset!!!! RE: Standards Compliance and msn

Hi.

>>Visse said earlier Thursday that the message would be shown to people
using "browsers that we know don't support (W3C) standards or that we can't
insure will get a great experience for the customer." <<

That's making me upset!
IE5.5 still interprets the box model in a wrong way.
There are thousands of more flaws.
So it is MS who are not compliant with W3C, not the others.

Okay, I admit currently no browser is perfect. But Mozilla.org's and Opera's
implementations are much much closer to the W3C Recommendations.

And Opera clearly state what they do not support (parts of the Tables Module
easy for web designers to create sites that follow the standard but work
with Opera.

I often searched MSDN and several other resources from Microsoft to find a
list of features IE is missing. I could not find such a list. But there are
several lacks in the implementation, as stated above.

What MS cite was true 3 years ago, when IE4 was beating all other windows
browsers regarding standards-compatibility and stability. But that headstart
is gone now. Opera and Mozilla are far closer to the W3C standards than IE.

Just my two cents

Christian