Re: position: fixed [Re: How is it possible to devise such a feeble system?]

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:38:51 -0400
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> BTW, are CSS rules *Unicode-ready*? For example, can I write class name in
> Russian (Cyrillic) and be sure that browser will be able to handle it?

Sure.  Inline sheets have to be in the document encoding.  For external
ones, you have a number of options:

1)  Send the right encoding type in the content-type http header.
2)  Add the right @charset rule.
3)  Set the charset attribute on the <link> or <?xml-stylesheet?> that
    you use to import the sheet.
4)  Have your style sheet use the same encoding as the document, just
    like inline sheets.

> If MS IE can handle this example, than it's problem of Opera and Mozilla

That really does not follow (though again, I don't know much of the
specifics of what the character actually is, so this may well be a bug
in Opera/Mozilla).

Boris
617-864-9910
Bradley's Bromide:
    If computers get too powerful, we can organize them
into a committee -- that will do them in.