Re:Re: How is it possible to devise such a feeble system?

From: Andrew McFarland <andrew.mcfarland@unite.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:34:02 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
At 10:00 24/10/2001 -0400, Jesse McCarthy wrote:
>Using CSS how can I center the inner DIV
>or really the text within the inner DIV horizontally and vertically?

I'm pretty certain you can't.

What you are wanting to do is center the text vertically in the middle of
the screen (or window). I don't think CSS `knows' what size the screen (or
window) is. Setting the height to 100% is 100% of the height of the parent
element, not the screen (or window).

If you can explain where you want to use the effect we may be able to
suggest an alternative way of getting this to work for you.

Andrew

--
Andrew McFarland
UNITE Solutions