Re: "inline" elements in CSS2 box model, and "inline-block" in CSS3

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/inline-elem-has-display-block-child2.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/block-elem-has-display-block-child2.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/table-cell-elem-has-display-block-child2.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/table-row-elem-has-display-block-child2.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/res_block-child-Opera5.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/res_block-child-MSIE6.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/res_block-child-Konq22.html

http://htmltests.newmail.ru/css/res_block-child-Moz09.html

> Most likely, each case needs clarification/changes
> in CSS2 specs, and later
> adopting these tests to each case.
>
> I think that the best if everyone can view these
> pages, and post your
> comments.
> I don't have MacIE5, so comments/screenshots from
> Tantek would be highly
> appreciated.
> Dylan, thatnks a lot for raising these issues! :-)

I think that the case of block inside an inline is not
defined by the spec. because inline elements are not
supposed to contain block level elements.  My less
exciting example is located at
http://www.dylanschiemann.com/examples/inlineBlockExample.html
with screenshots for mozilla 0.9.5 and ie5.5 on Win2K.

-Dylan Schiemann
http://www.dylanschiemann.com/
http://www.sitepen.com/