Re: "inline" elements in CSS2 box model, and "inline-block" in CSS3

From: Dylan Schiemann <dylans@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Vadim,

Could you please post a reference to the Dirk Mueller
comment on this.  The W3C search is still down.

Somewhat related, I've noticed that in Windows IE, if
an element has display:inline and it has children that
are display:block, the parent element behaves as an
inline element, whereas mozilla and Mac IE5 do not
display the block child of an inline element as a
child since inline elements should not have
block-level children.  Is this a use case for
block-inside?

Thanks,
-Dylan Schiemann
http://www.sitepen.com/