Restricting minimum font size.

From: David Balch <david.balch@fassoc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:54:34 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

A client of mine has had complaints that the site I designed for him is
illegible when the IE text-size is set to anything less than "medium" (we
use "font-size : 0.7em;"). I've made him aware that this is because the site
is css-ed so people can increase text size if they need to.

He wants the minimum size to be set at medium - no smaller, but we still
want people to be able to scale-up. At first I though "!important", but that
will stop increasing the size, unless the users have set their own
stylesheet. Am I right in thinking that it isn't possible?

I was also surprised at people browsing at "small" - anyone heard of that
being common?

Cheers, Dave

 David Balch at FASSOC
david.balch@fassoc.co.uk