RE: What is getComputedStyle supposed to be for?

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:37:16 -0800
To: "Daniel Glazman" <glazman@netscape.com>
Cc: "Mark Morin" <markpmorin@telusplanet.net>, <www-style@w3.org>
That's why I said "not _necessarily_ interesting".  I didn't say they were totally uninteresting for any reason.  In editing scenarios, there are many questions that might be interesting to answer - for example, what stylesheet and what rules are affecting a particular element, or causing a particular property value to be applied.  If you answer all these questions, though, you end up with a fantastically complex stylesheet OM, not a v1 OM.

-Chris