Re: Errata in CSS3 selectors

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> Then I may be misunderstanding section 12. There are profile
> definitions, but they are 'Non normative examples' [sic!]. What's the
> purpose of these profiles? What will a conforming user-agent be? Section
> 13 only says, device-limitations don't imply non-conformance so I
> suppose a conforming user agent must implement all selectors applicable
> for a distinct device. Maybe I need some education on this...

A fully compliant UA implements the spec completely (as described in the
conformance section).

A UA that implements the XYZ profile of the spec implements everything
that profile XYZ says it must implement. It is not a full implementation.

Does that explain it enough?

It's quite simple really...

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'