Re: first-word pseudo-element

From: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:56:47 +0200
To: andrew.robertson@capitaes.co.uk
CC: www-style@w3.org
andrew.robertson@capitaes.co.uk wrote:

>Would there be any benefit in adding a :first-word pseudo element to format
>the first word of a paragraph, to the CSS3 spec?

It is an old question, posted in this mailing-list ona  regular basis.
My answer, posted also on a regular basis, is the following one : what
is a word ? In our western languages and writings, it is quite easy (but
not always) to determine it.
Now think of asian languages and writing systems, sometimes without
punctuation, or think of a text mixing writing systems, ...

</Daniel>