Re[2]: CSS 2: Table Cells and the "line-height" Property

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:06:52 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Eric wrote:

[..]
EM>     So: how about asking implementors to include a UA style which
EM> states something along the lines of:

EM>     td > img, th > img {vertical-align: bottom;}

EM> Would that be terribly inappropriate?

I first though that your style sheet would affect the display of
all inline images inside tables, as a very large propertion of
webpages have table based layouts covering the whole document.

But I assume that in most cases images are not used inline, or they
are at least properly wrapped in a P. Still, there could be some minor
display differences to surprise developers if they work with both
inline images and uncontainerized text.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.