a:visited

From: Peter Oliphant <peteroliphant@volny.cz>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:25:16 +0200
To: "css stylesheets" <www-style@w3.org>
Is this the right group to ask:

If I use a style sheet that specifies a color for an active link, the color appears, but only if I use the "back" button in IE 5.0.

But if I write a hyperlink on my page to return to the previous page, the color for a visited link is not displayed when I use the link that I wrote.

Is there a way to write my hyperlinks that point to previous pages such that the a:visited-link-color will be displayed?

Thanks for any help.