RE: Make Microsoft follow the spec.

From: Rowland Shaw <Rowland.Shaw@crystaldecisions.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:04:02 -0800
To: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
Be wary of CSS test suites, as IE6 only uses strict compliance when it gets
a <!doctype> in the referring HTML document -- this shouldn't matter much,
as to be strictly valid HTML, it should have a <!doctype> anyway -- or so
says http://validator.w3.org/ :o)

It's a shame, as my preferred test suite at
http://www.richinstyle.com/php/results.php has just fallen foul of this.

PS: Sorry if this is a duplicate, this is a resend as I believe the listserv
blackholed the first message due to our company changing the domain on
outgoing mail...