RE: inter-area text-flow

From: Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@appcomp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:17:48 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org
I still think a pseudo-element would be the best implementation. Something
like ::overflow(n). n=0 would be the same as no pseudo-element. n>=1 would
identify successive overflow areas. Any older user-agents would just ignore
the pseudo-element.
I think this would be easier than separating values with commas because it
more obviously separates the different regions.

>You also need to consider backward compatibility ...
>

>[mwu-> point well taken, though i'm not sure how to address this one.
<-mwu]