RE: inter-area text-flow

This is a bit of a veer off-topic I think but it's
something I've been pondering for a long time.
Has anyone considered an overflow option for an item
which directs surplus content to another item?

The effect would be similar to the text box link seen
in Quark XPress.

It would remain to be decided whether the text being
pushed into item2 would be inserted at the front  of
item2's content, or whether it would destroy item2's
content, or whether item1 and item2 would be
considered as one single entity -- in this final case,
white space at the bottom of item1 could be filled
with the start of item2's content.