Re: Interaction with invisible elements

At 22:50 -0800 3/4/01, Ian Hickson wrote:
>Mozilla treats elements that are 'visibility: hidden' as if they were not
>available for user interaction because it is very bad UI to have invisible
>elements react to the user. We decided that good UI was overall a better
>aim than the few edge cases. ;-)

>Authors of other UAs probably did the same.

I second that for Opera. Visibility: hidden isn't that clearly defined in CSS2,
but I chose to read into it that links in an invisible element shouldn't be
activated. Invisible links, links that replaces your current document with some
other document for reasons outside of your control, make me uneasy. In my
opinion the user should run the browser, not the other way around.

Jonny Axelsson
Documentation,
Opera software