Re: Token question

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 17:41:49 +0100, glazman@netscape.com (Daniel
Glazman) wrote:

>Peter S. Linss wrote:
>> And to answer the original question, no, the browser should not have
>> ignored the CSS, it is perfectly valid.

>This brings to my mind a DOM issue related to comments : they are not
>preserved by DOM level 2, which is a terrible thing from an author's
>perspective.

Care to elaborate a bit on why excluding comments from the parse tree
would be bad for authors?

As I see it, a comment "lives" in the source only, as means for authors
to include "commentary only" info in the source.

It should be noted that SGML says that comments in markup can never
contain normative information and that they shall be dropped in the
parsing process, and if so, a source code comment can not/shall not be
used for anything but "stating notes in a source".

I'd like to think that such a view should be extended to cover all types
of "comments" in sources where ever they occur. Right,Wrong?

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <rex@css.nu> .. <URL:http://css.nu/>