From: Manos Batsis
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:52 PM
To: 'humanmarkup@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: Syntax

We still haven't decided the base syntax. To be able to use it within other
vocabularies and without having any problems with agents, inline  HumanML is
out of the question. Mixing vocabularies will make it messy, while agent
behavior may be unpredictable.
Personally I would like something like the Dublin Core approach. The
difference is, we want to link metadata not to the whole document but to
parts of it.
So, if emotions have percentage values and gestures have "attitude" we
should have something like this:

<rdf:Description
rdf:about="www.humanmarkup.org/manosTalksAgainDamnIt.htm#grrrrrrrrrrr">
  <huml:emotions>
     <huml:anger>100</huml:anger>
     <huml:dispair>30</huml:dispair>
     <huml:fear>-20</huml:fear>
  </huml:emotions>
  <huml:gestures>
     <huml:raiseHands>Berserk</huml:raiseHands>
  </huml:gestures>
</rdf:Description>

The problems are,  1st)this is my first RDF, 2) anyone care to say how will
metadata be linked to document parts? My "rdf:about" wont work for us and
3)too fluent.

Yup, this is too fluent for mobile devices. Another idea is css extensions.
Hey I can hear you laughing there stop it. Really, we can build css
extensions for "css mobile profile" (based on css2 I think, I'm sure Sean
knows these stuff better than me).
The renderer should know how to use them of course... but they will serve
well for lightweight scenarios:

.something{
feeling:angry(very) afraid(little);
}

Yup, IE filter syntax.
I think css can be used for this and as you can see, I have even disposed
percentage values because they need extra cpu strength. These values can be
mapped to percentage values if we want to.

But to make something really applicable, IMHO, we need RDF and I don't even
know if my markup above is (somewhat) right... Help?

Regards,
Manos