RE: HTML <link rel="stylesheet"> underspecified with multiple languages

I don't think there are going to be many UAs supporting XSLT and not
CSS. Besides, the problems arise when both can be processed.

> > > 2.) If there are stylesheets from more than one language
> > >     applicable, the UA uses only stylesheets from the first
> > >     language encountered (all of them). This follows the
> > >     precedent of "preferred" stylesheets--the first preferred
> > >     sheet is applied, as are any other later stylesheets that
> > >     are part of that set.
> >
> > Does this means that the author will be responsible on putting his
> > preferred stylesheet (language) before others?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Wouldn't it be better to give priority to a transformation language
> > when having to do with XML?
>
> I think the author would have better knowledge of which
> stylesheet is more important than the UA would, however
> enlightened its prioritized list of languages may be.

I guess this late 'however enlightened' matters a lot.

> > > Alternatively, later stylesheets could be favored.
> >
> > Can you please give an example on this one? Sorry, I don't
> really get
> > it.

Oh you mean that we can use the mechanism you describe in either
direction. Give me a break I needed some sleep...

Kindest regards,

Manos