Re: several messages

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Chris Lilley wrote:

> > Making it optional means that editing tools have no way to figure out if
> > a stylesheet is CSS or XSL other than by attemptig to resolve the URL.
> > This is not a good idea.
>
> How else do you propose linking to a document without knowing its MIME
> type in advance?

Are you arguing for or against, here ..... yes exactly, how is an
authoring tool to know unless that markup says so directly.

I notice that XML Spy 4.0 for example assumes that all xml-stylesheet
PIs are for XSL, and removes any existing CSS ones if it adds an XSL
one, with the message 'replacing existing XSL style sheet"

--
Chris