RE: HTML <link rel="stylesheet"> underspecified with multiple languages

I don't really get it.

> Although that may
> be a good idea,
> there must still be some mechanism to choose between
> languages that are not
> on that list. A "priority" attribute on the xml-stylesheet PI
> would probably
> take care of this, although it would still be nice to define
> a behavior when
> an explicit priority was absent.

I see. Yes a priority attr may be a good idea - but only if you know the
Agent is capable of processing the stylesheet you prioritised and even
in today's PC based internet, it's impossible.
Instead of explicitly giving a priority, wouldn't it be better to be
able to program a flow (for example XSLT or CSS or even the old XSL
draft implemented inIE5) based on an attribute that provides more info
(such as the 'media'?

How hard is it to implement a 'navigator' attribute using the DOM? I
think it's about time...

Kindest regards,

Manos