RE: May have to do with "column layout" WAS:RE: Proposal of alternative to CSS3 box-sizing property

Hallo Rod,

Thanks for the reply. To tell you the truth, I like your approach better
(I always use shorthands my self). I don't know if this is in the
current working draft proposal (?) though and I can't check thanks to
some maintenance/upgrade procedures on my LAN.

But although your syntax is what I would also prefer using, it has some
disadvantages. One of them may be backwards compatibility, because you
are changing the syntax of "width" or "height" directly. It may be quite
possible that a browser may not be able to interpret the attribute at
all using this additional "outside". In short, an additional attribute
set like "include-width" and "include-height" is cleaner and easier to
apply over a transition period (witch of course is constant these days)
among browsers.

Kindest regards,

Manos