Re: Min-width property for select boxes?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:46:59 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: "Zongker, Jeremy" <JZongker@mail.bokf.com>
cc: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Zongker, Jeremy wrote:

> I have a select box I would like to stretch to the size of the cell if it's
> larger, but not shrink below the size of the items in it if the cell is
> smaller.  I can make it stetch using style="width:100%".  Can someone tell
> me if there is some type of min-width property?

Yep, it's called 'min-width' and works exactly like 'width' but for the
minimum width instead of the preferred width.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visudet.html#propdef-min-width

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'