Re: Another approch to style hyperlinks

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> I came to the conclusion, that I don't like the @link rule syntax.
> [...]

Personally, I do not really understand why we need this to be in CSS at
all. Stylesheets are supposed to be optional, but links are an inherent
part of the data. What's wrong with simply relying on XLink to tell us
what is a link?

(Note that I'm not saying CSS shouldn't be used to _style_ links. That I
do agree with, and I think some work needs to be done to be able to style
arbitrary links -- see the "Link and Style" note that was recently
released. Maybe some ::link() pseudo-element that selects nodes in what I
call the "linkfoset" -- the infoset of the document's links.)

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'