RE: Stretchy backgrounds? (background-width,height properties)

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

> "text-transform: small-caps" should similarly be revisited IMO.

Uh.

   font-variant: small-caps

...is valid CSS1.

> "capitalize" has been proposed for addition in CSS3

Similarly,

   text-transform: capitalize

...is valid CSS1.

I'm not sure how the working group should go about not ignoring proposals
to add them to CSS3... :-/

> Another item that should be revisited -- if it hasn't been already
> (there was a recent thread on this[2]) -- is a means of selecting the
> first so many "words".  I've heard the objections a million times, but
> this is requested too often to just dismiss because some languages don't
> have word separators.

This is a strong contender for the next version of the selectors spec.
However, our top priority is to get the current selectors draft to CR.
This entails not adding any new functionality at this late stage.

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'