Re: text-indent/exdent (was "suggestion")

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:55:40 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
cc: <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, fantasai wrote:

>   a) As I said, "Indentation is always on the starting
>      side of the text. (left for ltr, right for rtl)"
>      whereas padding is given an absolute side. Using
>      padding-left for indentation causes problems with
>      rtl scripts.

It is very likely that a property called "padding-start" will be
introduced which is the same as padding-left but on the starting edge.
(ditto padding-before, padding-after, padding-end, margin-before, etc).

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'