Re: Stretchy backgrounds? (background-width,height properties)

Stuart Ballard wrote:

> Since I cannot find any argument *against* this functionality anywhere
> at all other than the second-hand comment in the message I linked, I
> would like to ask what it would take to re-open this issue for possible
> inclusion in CSS3.

I did a bit more searching and realized that the reason I hadn't been
able to find the old discussion was that it was using the term
"background-size" rather than "background-width/height". It appears
that, (possibly contrary to what I had heard) there is no apparent
actual opposition to this idea.

So I'd like to apologize for the tone of my previous message, which was
targetted at changing the minds of some non-existant people who are
opposed to this, and instead simply ask whether this is still under
consideration and what the chances are of seeing it in CSS3 (or any
upcoming CSS3 drafts).

Thank you for listening :)

Stuart.