RE: activel inks?

Ok ok.A consideration, in case inclusion of :current in the css spec is
decided.

So suppose we have
 a {
color : #000000;
}

a:current{
font-weight:bold;
}

a:hover{
font-weight : bold;
}

a:visited{
color : #c0c0c0;
}

This works fine. But it does so because :current and :hover have the
same attribute/value pair. But what if:

a:current{
color:red;
}

a:hover{
color:green;
}

The hover effect on the :current link will give the wrong impression
that this is *not* a current link.

IMHO, this is an interaction issue. Should a :current also have :hover?

Possible solution mechanisms:

1) Remove the ability of :hover from a :current link.

2) Leave the responsibility of this to the author, who should give the
same styling in both :current and :hover (possibly by grooping).

3) Do not include a :current pseudoclass in the spec. Instead, extend
the :hover state to include :current links.

Ok, I'm overdoing it.

About  :external, maybe a discussion on what is external and what not
should take place.
For example, if I am in

http://manos.org/main

and the link points to