Re: border widths (was part of "border size and combining units")

From: Mjumbe Ukweli <mjumbewu@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 00:28:52 -0400
To: rllrgrrl@hotmail.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org
>I think it would be because what would [the border] be a percentage of?
>would
>it be better for it to be a percentage of the object? or a percentage of
>the
>page width/height?

it would be a percentage of the same thing of which margin and padding can
be percentages (which i believe is the size of the parent container)

>For a flexible layout, the latter may be better, but
>then, what if you want to use DHTML to resize an element?

it would be as easy to resize the element as it is now.  if margins and
paddings can be percentages then borders should be able to as well.  it may
not prove to be immensly popular among designers (or maybe it will; i'd use
it a lot), but the possibility should be there.

                                                  &#8226; mjumbe &#8226;