Re: W3C

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:40:40 +0100
To: Bruno <bruno@teraram.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Bruno wrote:

> This is what I don't understand so please explain it to me:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/
> W3C Technical Reports and Publications
>
> What is:
> - Recent Recommendations
> - Proposed Recommendations
> - Candidate Recommendations
> - Recent Working Drafts
> - Recent Notes
> - Recommendations
>
> >From all this what I need is where I can find final version of some standard
> that is used in browsers?
> Which "Title" would that be?

Final version is Recommendation.
The one  before that is Proposed Recommendation
Candidate Recommendation is a fairly stable document getting more
implementation experience and review
Working Draft is the ongoing work of a working group as they produce a
specification
Note is just a one-off note, not standards track.

--
Chris