Re: New draft: css3-selectors

* fantasai wrote:
>Re: 6.6.2 The target pseudo-class :target
>
>I can see the usefulness of styling targets, but how is the UA to
>know whether an element has been targeted or not? Anchors can be
>targeted from outside the document.

Well,

  <a xlink:href="http://host/#target">link</a>

Most UAs will try to jump to the beginning of the addressed fragment
when the user follows such a link. They know where they should go as
they know which links are :visited and wich are :not(:visited).

>Re: parent selector
>
>  There doesn't seem to be a way of selecting the parent element or
>  any of the other things allowed by the previous draft's :subject
>  modifier. I didn't get around to actually /reading/ the draft yet,
>  so I might've missed it, but I think that if you're planning to put
>  it in any version of CSS, you should introduce a subject modifier
>  in this one; it probably won't get in the implementations for another
>  five-ten years otherwise. =P

I strongly agree here, I'd liked the :subject pseudo-class very much.
Why has it been removed?

One thing to add,

[...]
  THIS IS A SOMEWHAT LONG HTML PARAGRAPH THAT
  will be broken into several lines. The first

  paragraph that will </p::first-line>
[...]

in section 7.1 (several times), I think this error is an errata item for
CSS Level 2.
--
Björn Höhrmann ^ mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de ^ http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 ° Telefon: +49(0)4667/981028 ° http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de