Direction

From: Michael Hamm <MHamm@gc.cuny.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:42:52 -0500
To: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
The Direction property (CSS2) allows only for 'rtl' and 'ltr' values.  I
believe Chinese is written from top down (although I may well be mistaken;
in any event, I'm fairly certain *some* language(s) are written from top
down).  It would therefore be prudent to add a 'ttb' (top-to-bottom) value,
and a Secondary-direction property indicating which way the lines should be
ordered.  (E.g., in top-down writing, should the first line be at the right
or the left of the screen?)

Michael Hamm
BA Math scl, PBK, NYU
mhamm@gc.cuny.edu